Sunday, July 02, 2006

WEEDUNNIT !!

34 Years.

Yes. Well, my present age and my erstwhile waist-size.

It is also the number of years between a series victory in the West Indies for us desis. The last time this happened Sunil Gavaskar had all his hair and was just The Little, Ajit Wadekar was the Indian captain and limited overs cricket was just a distant gleam in the milkman's eye, having not yet been conceived.

It's been a long time coming.

The first two tests went down to the wire, the third was close and this time around Rahul Dravid & his band of Merry Men were not to be denied. At the end of day 1, having seen India dismissed for 200 runs, one could have been forgiven for thinking we had lost the plot. By the end of Day 2 we were all feeling a whole lot better. At the end of Day 3, one cannot help but stand up and applaud Anil Kumble. If it was Dravid on Day 1 and 2 with his batting, it was Sreesanth and Kumble on Day 3. Brilliant, brilliant bowling!

Kingston Town is going be rocking and rolling to the Balle Balle Himesh Reshamiya beat tonight.

To my buddy & partner in crime Bart, I hate to say I told you so, BUT I TOLD YOU SO. So much for your Dravid-bashing, he walked off with the man of the match and the man of the series. I also told you RD would do a Wadekar. This also means I have started planning on where to have that steak.

Just one blot on this otherwise beautiful horizon. Will someone PLEASE tell Kiran More it's uncool to hang around a prize distribution ceremony in shorts and a red shirt and it's nasty to have mehendi-hair at his age. Would the BCCI kindly step in and send it's Chairman of Selectors to a stylist?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's my pic(k) of the day!



More on this delightful subject later!

Riggy

PS. A Sidhu gem on Rahul Dravid's two innings. Rahul's patience is like a tube of toothpaste. No matter how much is squeezed it's never really over. A true dhishum-dhishum moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger qwerty said...

hi riggs,

It was an absolute stunning victory. Even voodoo magic couldn't stop us today.

May be I must tip my bro about a fashion stylist for the Men in Blues.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIPPY YAAY YEAH! YIPPY YAAY YEAH! Can't say the rest of it since this is a family channel :P Oh brilliant, I say.

I guess this will have to be Only Riggs :P blog henceforth.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sports Blogs by Indian Bloggers